The Safehold series:
The series is mostly set around the 31st century, on a distant world dubbed “Safehold” where a group of humans has hidden themselves from an alien race known as the Gbaba. When first contact was made between the humans and the Gbaba, the aliens began an extermination campaign which nearly succeeded in destroying all known humans in the galaxy, including the entire population of Earth. The humans on Safehold managed to avoid detection by reverting to a pre-electrical and pre-industrial technology base and incorporating that into a religious belief system which discouraged scientific curiosity and forbade any higher technology on penalty of death.
Every book after the first one has a name taken from a hymn.
- Off Armageddon Reef (January 2007) ISBN 978-0-7653-1500-7
- By Schism Rent Asunder (July 2008) ISBN 978-0-7653-1501-4
- By Heresies Distressed (June 2009) ISBN 978-0-7653-1503-8
- A Mighty Fortress (April 2010) ISBN 978-0-7653-1505-2
- How Firm a Foundation (September 2011) ISBN 978-0-7653-2154-1
- Midst Toil and Tribulation(September 2012) ISBN 978-0-7653-2155-8
- Like a Mighty Army (February 18, 2014) ISBN 978-0-7653-2156-5
- Hell’s Foundations Quiver (October 6, 2015) ISBN 978-0-7653-2187-9
Bold == Owned